Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Who the heck made this?!

Well this is one of those layouts that went in a totally different direction than I thought it would.  The picture is of Marin last fall at the Saginaw Children's Zoo.  She was lagging behind and when I stopped to look back she had actually stopped to smell the flowers.  How cute is that!  So of course I very quickly picked up my camera and started snapping pictures.
I LOVE this layout but it's not a very "me" layout.  Lot's of distressing and rolling edges, things I love when looking at other layouts!  The flowers are Prima except for the big one is from UmWow Studio's Etsy Shop (Isn't it fabulous?!)  And I'm also thrilled to say that I finally have some paper doilies!!!  Oh and I even stamped the banner on this, and I never stamp (I'm more of a stamp collector not a user).  The only thing I don't like about this layout is that it's not based on a sketch or any other challenge...sigh, maybe next time.

12 comments:

Missy Whidden said...

My eyes are bugging out over here...WOW!! This is SOOOO stunning, Lea! I love the paper rolling & distressing...the flowers are gorgeous! The stamped banner...and the beautiful photo! That doilie...omg...I can't say enough good things here. I love it!!

Jocelyn said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHH I love this...the colors are Fabulous and that banner stamp is sooooo cute!!!!

What an adorable pic and a memory to hold tight to!!!

Wishing you a great on Lea!!! :-)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

LOL, it happened to me all the time, sometimes I have a b'day card in mine, but when I am done, it becomes a wedding card, LOL, isn't that funny!
Even though this layout is not your style (as you said), but it is as beautiful, the pic is just too precious!!!

Polka Dot Door Designs said...

This page is absolutely gorgeous Lea! I love everything about it - the colors, the distressing, the flowers & doilie (aren't DeeDee's flowers lovely?!?)

I think it is a good thing to do a page that comes completely from you and isn't based on someone else's sketch or color combination, because then you can take credit for absolutely every beautiful detail.

Lynnda said...

HEy...I think its much better to come within from you love...I like this layout...its very soothing to my eyes... the colors match the photo and I love how you distress ... simply gorgeous.... I love this LEA...seriously... hugs..xoxo

Sarah said...

This is gorgeous! You need to find a magazine call to submit it to! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love love love that photo and loving the distressing and the the FLOWERS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Anonymous said...

This is totally my style Lea :) I love it!!!
Pretty colours, and love the distressed look to it :)

Deb Hickman said...

Stunning, right up my street. I love the papers you've used and all the distressing .the photo is so cute,perfect for the pretty papers.

jannekevanveen said...

wow it's beautiful!!

Theresa said...

This really came together perfectly. I think it is completely you.. cause its FANTASTIC!!!! I totally agree with Sarah, its worthy of publication. =)

Sue Althouse said...

I think this turned out great. I wouldn't worry that it doesn't qualify for a sketch or challenge, it's fun to just create!