Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Creative Scrappers, Get Picky, and Bird is the Word!!!

Hi everyone, I know I haven't been too active here lately but I was in a kind of scrappy rut.  I made a layout that I didn't really like, ripped it all apart and did it over, still don't like it... sigh... and now it's set aside.  I think I've figured out what's not working for me so I'll attempt that one again later...much later  But this left me in a bit of a rut, but as I was able to create 3 different layouts this weekend I think I'm back on track.  This first layout is based on sketch #177 from Creative Scrappers.  Most of what's on here is from my September Pixie Dust Paperie kit.  The burlap, frame, owl rub-ons and paper are all from the kit.  I misted the brown base with some green.  Added some paint and stitching to the burlap. The black bling arrow is something I've had in my stash for awhile and the orange bling on the photo I adhered with my i-rock, the remaining embellies are all Making Memories.

This next layout is based on sketch #13 at Get Picky.  The pictures are of Gavin playing with my R2-D2.  Yes, mine. I have blogged about having a bit of a Star Wars obsession  haven't I?  Well anyway, the patterned paper is Creative Imaginations, with exception to the green which is actually Bo Bunny.  Added some mist and I kept this one pretty simple, but I really like how it turned out!

And lastly this layout is based on the sketch from Bird is the Word as is the challenge to use the word "Together".  The paper is an older MME Christmas line.  I'm a holiday paper collector and rarely use it, so I'm thrilled that this has finally been broken into.  And I know what you're thinking, did she use an extremely corny title in order to use the word together and meet the challenge criteria?  Heck yeah I did!!!
The snowman on here are actually some big brads that I've had in my stash for a very, VERY long time.  And of course the letters are American Crafts Thickers.

Now to go see if I met the deadline on any of these challenges, yikes, cross your fingers!!!  Thanks for looking!

28 comments:

Mitralee said...

Looks like the rut is far in the dust! Love the star wars LO!

Blossom inch said...

Lea that is normal for a scrapper, don't stress too much and I have gone that phase. scrapped don't like it tore it apart and so on...take it easy babe.

Those layouts you created are just beautiful and awesome Lea, you have your own style and I know I will keep on coming back. Thanks for dropping by over at my blog and became one of the follower. Take care and Hugs.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Lovely work! I love them all - they are all so different!!! The misting on your Get Picky one looks really cool! Thanks so much for playing along!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhh I love love love love these!! I am LOVING that Star Wars one!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

yyam said...

How fun are these! Love the little grid action in the first one...such fun elements! And love the bit of misting in the second one! And how cute is that third layout with all the snowflakes?

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That's some lovely work there Lea, love how you used the transparent frame and added paint on the burlap, so creative!
The layout for the boys are so fun, and the snow scene is fun with all the wonderful details!!!

Lynnda said...

Hey Buddy... you are not alone... happened to me before luv!!.... Fret not...these layouts are simply gorgeous... I love them all like the rest...big hugs...xoxo

Ella Swan said...

I think you did fantastically well - definitely not in a rut any longer from the looks of things! Haha to the corny (an d very clever!) title for the Bird is the Word one - thanks for playing there with us!!

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

wooow love the Get Picky page, thanks for playing along :)

sandi said...

Wow! These are fantastic! I love them all!

Anne said...

I like them all but the snowman is especially cute !! I tear pages weekly if that makes you feel better !Especially when I try to use mist and paint. It never seems to go where I want to go !!

Deb Hickman said...

Fab LO's, look like you're out of your rut. I love the snow one, very cute.xxxx

Linda Jordan said...

These are all amazing layouts!! I can't decide which one is my favorite, they're all so cute. I love the variety of textures on the first one & the embellishments on the snow one are just so cute!

Linda
http://lasteve1.blogspot.com

Angi Barrs said...

Wow...what fabulous pages. Love the adorable photos. Love that cute snowman too. :)

Debbie said...

Glad to see you back in business!!! Three great layouts!!! Love how you used the giant brads for the snowman!! Glad to hear I am not the only holiday paper collector!!!!!

mandysea said...

from one holiday paper horder to another - so glad you dipped into yours!!!! Love it - and how happy are those faces!

Melinda Spinks said...

Your entry into the Get Picky Challenge is wonderful and I just love all the spritzing to the page. I'm a big R2D2 fan so can totally relate :)

Theresa said...

Hi there. boy, am I a bad blogger. I'm so behind. don't think i've looked at a blog in a week.
love all these. it's hard to pick a fav. the death star is awesome.. did I tell you Jarrod and I watched the entire collection on blue ray the other weekend?? i will say that I love Hayden Christensen in Episode III. Hot!!! lol... =)
ok.. enough of that. gotta love the snowman one.. i think the title is cute.
=)

Leanne said...

OMGosh! So much inspiration here! LOL! I love the title of your Get Picky LO. Thx for playing along with us..x

Jasmine S said...

Fabulous pages and fabulous quirky titles. Great details and colors too. Thanks for joining us at BITW.

Kim Dellow said...

Oh great LOs! Kim

Roxy said...

Lea, your posts crack me up, and that's why I'm giving you a blog award! Love these layouts, especially the third, the mix of paper is great and those brads make such a cool snowman! Check my blog for your award, hugs, Roxy.

Heather Jacob said...

wow oh wow !!!! these are all sensational ... you sure have been busy ..... great pics in all of them .. hugz x

Keri said...

Wow, I REALLY love how you've taken the Get Picky sketch and changed it up to suit your theme and photos, great eye for design! :)

Jennifer Grace said...

Fab pages, I'm glad your scrap rut didn't last too long! The title 'snow happy together' is really sweet, sometimes the corny titles are the best! x

Gwen Wruck said...

Haven't you been busy - You are well and truly out of that rut! Thanks for joining in at BITW... it looks great :)

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Hi Lea!!! These are just beautiful!!! I love the bling frame on the 1st, the misting on the 2nd and your take on the sketch for the 3rd!Great job!!!
Hugs!!! TFS it with us at BITW!!!

Marilyn said...

Fantastic pages, Lea!!! love your snowman page!! Thanks for playing along with us at Bird is the Word!!!